[LMB] [DI] "Diplomatic Immunity" Cover Art

Agnes Charrel-Berthillier agnes_charrel at yahoo.com
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:53:28 -0800 (PST)

--- Phyllis LeFevre <plefevre at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't read any Pern as of yet, but I did look the name up...and
> WOW!
> I see why you guys like him! Gorgeous artwork! But he seems more
> Fantasy than SciFi, IMHO.

Hum. I had a look too, and (from the top of my head, skimming through
the thumbnails):

Heinlein's _Friday_ -
http://www.glassonion.com/images/gallery/illustration/friday.gif

C.S. Friedman's _This Alien Shore_ (and others)
http://www.glassonion.com/images/gallery/illustration/aliensh.gif

Joan Vinge's Psion books (and the Tiamat ones)

Cherryh's Chanur books (or at least some of them)
http://www.glassonion.com/images/gallery/illustration/chnrsvnt.gif

McCaffrey's Cristal Singers books (the Pern ones, while technically SF,
can be misleading):
http://www.glassonion.com/images/gallery/illustration/killashandra.gif

Tad William's Otherland serie (and yes, he also did the covers for his
Fantasy trilogy):
http://www.glassonion.com/images/gallery/illustration/otherland.gif

This looks like (in some cases pretty hardcore) SF to me :)
Of course the authors are not exactly what you would call midlist
either. Which might explain why Lois said that she would love a cover
by him, but couldn't afford it.

Agnes