[LMB] Brumbies on Barrayar

Royce Day Royce_Day at choicehotels.com
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:51:45 -0400

Dave Klecha wrote:

> At 2002-07-09, 15:03:00 Peter H. Granzeau wrote:
>

> >Woss that got to do with Oz?
>
> The female Marine's love interest, and occasional guest star on the show,
> is Australian.  Which prompts all sorts of adventures in Australia, or involving
> Aussies, or whatever.  Presumably, from Xie's description, they do no better
> of a job with Oz than they do with the military.  Surprised?

Not particularly, though I think the US military got a better deal than Australia
the "We're going to do a location shoot in Sydney!" episode.

For a mildly hilarious/scathing review of that two-parter (from the POV of a native
Austrailian), click on:

http://www.jabootu.com/views.htm

--
-Royce in MD

"Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a few hours.  Light a man on fire, and he's
warm for the rest of his life."  Or something.    -Jonathan Woodward