[LMB] Eye care tech ot:

PAT MATHEWS mathews55 at msn.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:16:20 -0600

>From: "Andrew Reinlieb" <Andrewr at oneimage.com>
>>
>[Obbujold] I expect barrayar leapfrogged glasses somewhat. The Hall of
>Glass
>certainly implies the existance of reading glasses by late TOI, but for
>post
>TOI barrayar if you are wealthy enough to have access to glasses you
>already
>have access to superior and cheaper galactic medtech and just have your
>eyes
>fixed.

Transition. Lord VorGates gets his eyes fixed and has no use for his
glasses, but his serving man does. Granny's eyes are getting weak. Or he can
sell them to someone whose eyes are getting weak. Bounce that down the
socioeconomic ladder as far as Silvy Vale and you have it.

Then add that when Granny dies, her heirs either keep the glasses for Auntie
Quilter or sell them to the Cunning Man, whose eyes are getting too weak to
pick his healing herbs ...