OT: Compost (Re: [LMB] Bujoldia med corps)

I iosef at gothic.net.au
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 18:09:56 +1000

Richard Suitor
Sent:
> > [Xie's]
> >brother with no wit, irony or joke intended pointed
> >out that we had two perfectly good compost bins in the
> >backyard.
>
> So do I.  They're simple - no need to grab them on the way out.
> Unfortunately, the instructions I received say to restrict
> contents to vegetable matter and sufficient oxygen.  Animal
> matter produces objectionable odors and health hazards :<(

THe smell can be a problem, but as far as I have found, the health problems
are usually to do with attracting carrion eaters (rats and the like. The one
time I had one that was not restricted I already had possums in the roof and
walls, so this just attracted the rats to outside instead of in (where the
cats tended to play with them.

Iestyn