[LMB] sort of ties in with

Andrew Lambdin-Abraham a.abraham at mail.utexas.edu
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:34:58 -0400

On Wednesday, June 19, 2002, at 08:32 AM, D Echelbarger wrote:

> But if he's leading the Armsmen, then wouldn't he be, by default, the
> Count's Heir? (Or the Count himself, if all his other relations are
> dead.)   Only a Count or his Heir can swear/lead Armsmen, right?

Can swear them, sure.  I don't think it could possibly be without
precedent for Armsmen to follow some other family member if the Count is
unavailable, or if they were assigned to this boy, or all sorts of other
situations.

In any event, wouldn't the son need to have been confirmed to be the
Count's heir or Count?  If his father and older brother were say killed
at the same time, responsibility would devolve on him while at the same
time his legal authority wouldn't.

Andrew