[LMB] OT: Heyer Recommendations

D Echelbarger bujoldjunkie at tds.net
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:18:13 -0600

Raye said:
> Of course, you can always read Heyer's detective
> novels, of which the only title I can remember
is
> Behold, Here's Poison, but they're excellent
also.

I'm afraid I have to disagree.  I bought her "Why
Shoot A Butler?" and found it profoundly
un-interesting.  Cliche'd hero, utterly
uncompelling plot... very much a "formula" book of
its type, with downright stereotypical (read
"cardboard") characters.  Which surprised me
because her romances are definitely *not* full of
stereotypical characters.

I love Heyer's romances, and own all of them, but
I won't buy another of her detective stories.

Diane E