[LMB] OT: House Ideas - Report

Lois Aleta Fundis otherlois at yahoo.com
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 23:47:51 -0800 (PST)

--- Jo'Asia <joasia at fandom.art.pl> wrote:

> But one comment - this kind of windows you chose for
> library do not
> let a lot of light inside. Make sure to get good
> artificial lamps in there.

But too much light in a library is bad, especially
direct sunlight: the covers of the books fade! And any
wood-pulp-based/acidic paper will yellow and crack --
well, it will anyway, but sunlight makes it work a lot
faster. (I've worked in libraries for over 30 years.
Trust me.) You need just enough light to read by.

=====
Lois Fundis ("the other Lois")     otherlois at yahoo.com
e-mail address especially for this list
non-list e-mail may be sent to lfundis at weir.net

"It is difficult/ to get the news from poems/ yet men die miserably every day/ for lack/ of what is found there."
                            -- William Carlos Williams