[LMB] The Official Artist for GURPS Vorkosigan is Larry Dixon

Martin Bonham mjdb at internet.co.nz
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 10:05:22 +1300

Lois recent informed us that
> From: "Lois McMaster Bujold" <lbujold at myinfmail.com>
> More GURPS news --
>     The art is the hangup.  The first artist ran late and then folded; a
> second was obtained and approved, who then promptly broke his arm.  He's
> back to work now, though, and pushing on the project.  He just submitted a
> very nice portrait of Miles; I think this will go well.  I'm less sure it
> will go fast.  He has a huge number of pieces to complete, 90 or so, so
> February is probably overly optimistic; "late Spring" might not be.
>     Ta, Lois.

Over on Baen's Bar, in her conference 'DixonsVixen' Mercedes
Lackey has told us that the replacement artist is her husband
Larry Dixon.
Luckily the broken arm sounds relatively minor.

To quote her
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 17:31:00 -0500

While I've been busy and away from the Bar:
The previous artist resigned.
Steve [Jackson] contacted me.
I passed it on to Larry.
Larry sent an e-portfolio to Lois.
Lois said "yes".
Larry broke his arm (actually, two hairline fractures).
Larry sent Lois his portrait of Miles.
Lois said "very yes."
Larry is now finalizing contracts.
*** end quote ***
YES !!

Martin.

--
Martin Bonham, Auckland, (Aotearoa) New Zealand.