[LMB] OT:-ish News of a Fellow Listie

Meg Justus megj at nwlink.com
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 18:59:03 -0800

Ray asks, in consternation:
> Water restrictions?  On the wet side of the mountains?

If we don't get enough rain in the winter (translating into snowpack in the
mountains), yes.  It happened a couple of years ago.  I don't like brown
lawns <pout>.  Of course, I'm not overly fond of lawns in the first place,
but that's beside the point (they're monocultures generally, they're
fertilizer-intensive (not good for the ground water, at least the way most
people do it), and they take a lot of water and maintenance).

You do realize that we get less than an inch of rain per month even on this
side of the mountains in July, August, and September...

Megaera
Ekaterin wanna-be