[LMB] OT: Gender Benders plus MZB; was Betan modifications

Margaret Dean margdean at erols.com
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 13:07:03 -0500

Claudia Gruener wrote:

>  Paula Lieberman <paal at gis.net> wrote:
> >>It was The World Wreckers, but I don't remember it being expanded
> later. Sword of Aldones got rewritten into Sharra's Exile or the
> Heritage of Hastur or some such with the original having been
> published by Ace and the replacement published by DAW. >>
>
>  I read many of MZBs Fantasy books but I never picked up a Darkover
> novel. I did not know if they are any good, but now I am interested.
> Can anyone recommend with which book I should start? Or is it better
> just to read the highlights, like "World Wreckers"?

If you're going for the highlights, "World Wreckers" isn't it.  I
personally would recommend the "Spell Sword"/"Forbidden Tower"
duology, plus "Heritage of Hastur"/"Sharra's Exile" as the core
of the series.  Others may have different opinions or favorites,
of course!

--Margaret Dean
  <margdean at erols.com>