[LMB] Between the lines

Mark A. Mandel mamandel at Filker.Org
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:12:29 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Kay Carrasco wrote:

#    Absolutely. The unspoken can have as much--and sometimes even
#more--power and impact as what *is* written. I think one of Lois'
#greatests appeals is how much she *respects and trusts her readers*,
#by the very fact that she does *not* spell out every detail, nor
#implication, nor subtext. More than any other author I know of, she
#leaves these rich, *rich* unspokens for us to explore, on our own, or
#in the good company of others (such as this list <G>).

<snide>As opposed to, say, P**rs Anth*n*.</snide>

-- Mark A. Mandel