Spam Incident (was [LMB] Re: [obsse] Re: mentor)

Kay Shapero kayshapero at earthlink.net
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:14:39 -0800

"Lathia" <Lathia at nwlink.com> wrote;

> I didn't get it.  I did how ever just get something sent to this address
> called "Re: [OTL]: Birthday Boy 1/1 (Legion of Super-Heroes) ..."  from a
> Dark Mark with a file attached called "textres.txt.scr"  It is being
deleted
> unopened. I suspect someone who reads the list, or is connected somehow,
has
> picked up one of the email viruses.  Some of them pick a random sender and
> random recipient when they mail stuff out.  I sent it through spamcop & it
> seems to have either come from a mindspring account or a level3 (?)
address.

Quite likely - I got one with another title ([fuh-q] Jen the sock puppet),
McAfee spotted it as bogus, and I deleted the thing.  I haven't flushed the
delete folder yet.....

Here's the header I got.  Offhand I'd say "Moriva" is not responsible as the
source appears to be someone on mindspring..  Should someone out there be
skilled in using these things to track down the source, be my guest.: