[LMB] coverage

Gramina gramina at yahoo.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:04:24 -0800 (PST)

Will PoS make sense to someone who hasn't read
Chalion?

If no, I'd include "sequel to" language;

If yes, I'd say something like "Set in the world of
the award-winning..."

My take is that if you *need* to have read something
else for the book-in-hand to make sense, I want to
know; and if the book-in-hand isn't going to have an
*end,* I want to know (this has never been an issue
with your books, btw).

But if you don't need to have read Chalion to follow
PoS, then you can attract Chalion fans without any
negative effect on someone who hasn't read it (and
might be concerned they won't 'get it') by sticking
with the "in the world of..." language.

Just a thought...

Michele