[LMB] AKICF: OT: Finding my stepbrother in the Navy

Andrew Lambdin-Abraham a.abraham at mail.utexas.edu
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 01:19:25 -0600

On Friday, March 21, 2003, at 01:03  AM, Susan Profit wrote:

> Does anyone know how I can try and find out a way to get word to him
> without knowing his rank and assignment/commander? Last I heard was
> about 18 months ago when he was on what my stepmother described as a
> little gunboat, the Ticonderoga. For all I know he could be on another
> vessel, he could still be there, about all I do know is that my
> stepmother is upset he won't write to her and the discussion just
> stops there.

I don't know how you can get in contact with him for certain.  The
Ticonderoga is CG 47 (Guided Missile Crusier #47) and you may be able
to contact their homeport.
I found this online:
http://www.bupers.navy.mil/services/ques/quesloc.html
QUESTION

How to locate a shipmate or family member?

ANSWER:

Active duty:

The Navy's World Wide Locator is a service established to     find the
present duty station of active duty personnel, and is for official
business use     only. Family members, active duty personnel and Navy
retirees may also use this system. To     do so, you must have the
service member's full name, Social Security number, grade or     rank,
and, if possible, last known duty station. Write to:

World Wide Locator
      Bureau of Naval Personnel
      Pers-312
      5720 Integrity Drive
      Millington, TN 38055-3120

or call: 1-877-414-535

Here:
http://www.lifelines2000.org/home.htm
Looks to be a site for the support of military families, and includes a
link on the side for locating people.

Hope this helps,

Andrew Lambdin-Abraham