[LMB] Miles, Nikki and Ekaterin

Peter H. Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:11:00 -0500

At 07:49 03/21/2003, RosinaRowantree at aol.com wrote:

>Pete H Granzeau quoted me as saying:  "From Nikki's point of view, the first
>thing they did was go away for what must have been a very long honeymoon."
>He then corrected me: "A year after they were married doesn't seem to qualify
>as "first thing"."

(much snippage)

I guess (depending on the length of the honeymoon) it was somewhat more
than a year; they were returning for the birth (decanting?) of the twins,
who were conceived about a year after their marriage, I think.

I figured that Nikki had a pretty good sized support group in place, and
his mother had a decent interval to set things up so he _wouldn't_ feel
abandoned.  Uncles Vassily and Hugo are evidently still nearby, Professora
Vorthys is, too, and Vorkosigan House undoubtedly has a decent-sized
permanent staff on hand, even though the Count and Countess are not
normally in residence. if only to support the Lord Auditor's household.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net