Cheek Kissing (was Re: [LMB] Touching)

The Woman With No Name incognita at fmgirl.com
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:40:32 -0800

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:04:01 -0800, "Agnes Charrel-Berthillier"
<agnes at charrel.net> said:
> Quoting The Woman With No Name <incognita at fmgirl.com>:
> > I hit on a variant of this when I spent a semester in France.  In some
> > circles, you do the hug and one kiss on each cheek (totaling two), in
> > some you repeat it for a total of four.
>
> Yes about the 2 (or 3, or 4) kisses, but there is no hug involved in this (well,
> maybe one hand on the shoulder if the person is really taller than you are).
> Hugs are for family and very close friends only.

You're right.  It's more of a hand-on-arm-for-balance than a proper hug.
It's still a lot farther into my personal space than anything short of a
hug usually gets, which is why I thought of it that way.
--
  The Woman With No Name
  incognita at fmgirl.com

                          love email again