[LMB] ingredients of truffles for those with allergies (was: Orycon) OT:

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:31:43 -0800 (PST)

--- ginnilee p berger <ginni.berger at juno.com> wrote:

> etc.  It sometimes surprises me how few allergic
> reactions there are in
> F/SF
> characters....

I think it's because there *are* a lot of people out
there who aren't aware of their allergies.

For example, if you asked me, I'd tell you I dislike
the taste of fish and hate tomatoes.  I didn't know
until I got a toxology test done, and wouldn't have
been able to tell you before I got the results, that
I'm actually mildly allergic to both, and my 'dislike'
is probably my body's early warning system in action!
I *can* eat them without ill effects, but not in any
great quantities.

But up until then, no, no, *I* didn't have any
allergies, and a character having a particular allergy
was not likely to grab my sympathy.

Raye

=====
raye_j at yahoo.com
livejournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/windtear
http://www.thejohnsens.com/index.html

"What... *are* you?"
"I'm complicated."
 -- Goon#6 and Dorian Grey, 'The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen'