[LMB] Not quite OT: Tonight's ENTERPRISE

Robert Warnicke Robert at WarnickeLittler.com
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:06:54 -0700

> I made the mistake of watching ENTERPRISE tonight and discovered
> that House Bharaputra is alive and well on the NX.  Gah.  Without
> spoiling the show, was anyone else annoyed or disturbed?
>
> 	~malfoy

Spoiler space

1

2

3

Yes, but I missed the first 15 minutes or so.  By Sim having Trip's
memories, I assume they had a reason (Trip's injury?) and scientific
justification (unlike Alien 3) they intentionally made an already bad
situation more disturbing.  I think the point of it was to raise the
issue to horrify both the crew and the viewers.  I think it was a good
thing to do.

As a resolution they tried to mitigate the ramifications by having Sim
go along with the plan... that seemed to work for the crew, it didn't
work for me.  Perhaps because I heard Archer threaten him.  As a long
term result, the viewers may care less about a crew to whom we can not
identify, not a good idea for a show that is already struggling.  I hope
the burial speech made them feel better, it didn't make me feel any
better.

3

2

1