[LMB] Post Thanksgiving Quiz (WAS:- Ivan as Dread Chief ofImpSec)

Peter H. Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:46:55 -0500

At 04:13 11/28/2003, Rowena wrote:
>Op 28 Nov 2003 om 17:59, was David Bernat zo lief om te schrijven:
>
> > Author is James Schmitz.
>
>ha, now I am confused. I have to admit having read neither Eric
>Flint's books nor James Schmitz (drat, hate to be dependant on a
>library!!).  At Baen's website you see the cover of the collected
>stories volume, on the cover it does indeed mention James Schmitz
>so I first thought he was the author, but when I scrolled down his
>name was not mentioned, and there was this: 'other books by Eric
>Flint published by Baen-thing' so I assumed the author was Flint and
>James Schmitz was part of the title.
>
>What has Eric Flint to do with this?

Flint was the co-collector and editor of the current collection of Schmitz
stories.   Baen published six collections of Schmitz short works and the
novel _The Witches of Karres_, all written in the 1950s and 1960s, a year
or three ago.  All were edited by Flint. who is one of the busier of Baen's
current writers.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net