[LMB] Re: SP: colors

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:51:18 -0800

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 06:40:37PM +0200, Joy W. wrote:
>  --- "Peter H. Granzeau" <pgranzeau at cox.net> a icrit :

> Incidentally, this explains why purple is not one of the
> pantheon's colors--I did wonder why Lois neglected my
> favorite color and gave the Bast*rd such a bland
> combination of colors.  But if she was setting purple aside
> for general mourning, I feel better about it.  :-)

Also, isn't violet the color of demons, from PoS?

> Even more incidentally, any ideas why the B shares a color
> with the Daughter (cream & white vs. blue & white)?  I'd
> think if anything he's share with his Mother.

He's the god of balance, which implies opposites.  So he takes white and
black, the extremes, which he balances.  I'd missed the Daughter having white
as a color.  Her uniforms are blue and white, but perhaps that's just to look
better?  The Son has tri-colored uniforms, if I recall correctly (red, yellow,
orange.) Her sacred animals are blue jays, while the B (do we still fear
censorware?) has white and black rats and black ravens.  I thought the main
gods were all monochromatic, really.  Gray, blue, green, red.

If gray is a color.  Poor Father.  Maybe that's why he's annoyed at the B.  He
takes gray as the somber paterFamiliar, vs. his colorful relatives, and then
the B comes along and shows him up...

-xx- Damien X-)