[LMB] Re: OT: Babies

Christine Forber christine at forber.net
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 09:37:01 -0500

At 01:03 AM 11/29/2003 -0500, Marna Nightingale wrote:

>In other words, most of the babies I've had anything to do with have
>pretty much had their own programs, and my job was largely to be
>interruptible.

That is one of the best descriptions of motherhood of small babies that I've
ever heard!

>I'm blessed though.  I lack many other baby related skills, but they
>will sleep for me. My cleavage has soporific qualities or something.

Oooh, you should patent this one! You'd make a fortune! :) My father-in-law
had an amazing way with babies - he could soothe the crankiest and put them
to sleep. My mother-in-law on the other hand.... well, let's just say she
didn't have that quality!

Christine