[LMB] OT: Skirt lengths and turkeys

NFedorka03 NFedorka03 at wmalumni.com
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:53:06 -0500

From: "Paula Lieberman" <paal at gis.net>

>> Random silliness brought on by turkeys...
>> Flashback to kindergarden:
>>
>> (ahem)
>> "Five fat turkeys are we,
>> We spent all night in a tree.
>> When the cook came around
>> We couldn't be found
>> And that's why we're here, you see.
<snip>
>That sounds like it was written by someone who's never actually -seen-
>turkey fly up and try to roost in trees....

Having seen turkeys (try to) roost in trees, and having been chased by a turkey or two at various moments in my childhood, I figure there must be some turkey poetic license at work...though I did try to teach it to a turkey once when I was about six, with no success. (Maybe it felt it should only be sung as a quintet, and wasn't suited to solo performance)

Nicola