[LMB] OT:Word Perfect

ginnilee p berger ginni.berger at juno.com
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:57:24 -0500

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:06:41 -0700 "Kay Carrasco" <koolbeans at dfn.com>
writes:
>    Count me as another WordPerfect fanatic--both home and office
> use. We have to have MSWord at the office, as so much material
> comes in that way... but we certainly don't have to *like* it.
> <harrumph>
>
>    I'm not anti-Microsoft; you'll get my Windows-98 when you pry
> it off my cold, dead hard drive, fr'instance. But whereas Pete
> says WP seems to sit there and dare you to do something right, I
> see MSW as daring (and preventing) you from doing *anything at
> all*! Heh.
>
> ~ Kay

What's really fun for me is having a Brother word processor that I used
until my brother Chris (as opposed to my brother-in-law Chris, aka CJ)
gave me his old Gateway, that is not compatible with either my old or my
new Gateway, and I'm having to transcribe everything the hard way- by
recopying it. Not that it's always bad- it means I can edit my stories as
I retype it, but it's a pain in the neck to have to do so. And I used to
have a Smith Corona word processor that wasn't compatible with the
Brother, so I had to do the same thing. Target practice, anyone?

Ginnilee
Lady Lavender of Teal