[LMB] Holy Beta Colony Batman!!!

Nick Pilon npilon at gmail.com
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 21:18:21 -0300

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 18:56:20 -0400, M. Traber <mtraber251 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I suppose now I would be put on some sort of drug and talk therapy for
> having the temerity to think I might be a miniature adult instead of a kid.

You aren't the only one, M, though I'm a young whippersnapper, I still
managed to avoid these just barely. (And by getting really, really
lucky on the teachers front) To this day, I've got problems with
authority figures (just don't hold them in the same awe as other
people ^^; ). Though reading your account, I fit in a good deal better
than you. Better social camoflauge, most likely. ;)

But this could be a serious problem. There's already major problems
with austic kids (see:
http://courttv.com/trials/exorcist/exorcist_background_070104_ctv.html)
being misdiagnosed. Either by ignorant parents who don't think there's
a problem that they need to consult a medical authority about, or by
psychologists who refuse to believe that people can't be made
"normal". IMHO (non-educated, wild-a$$ guess) there's a lot more
natural and healthy variation within kids than a lot of people are
willing to admit to.

--
-Nick Pilon