[LMB] OT: Piracy, Evil Overbeings, etc.

Andrew Lambdin-Abraham a.abraham at mail.utexas.edu
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 14:34:43 -0400

On 2/08/2004, at 1:51 PM, Padget, Scott R wrote:

> The chocolate (or at least *part* of it) will presumably be returned
> smeared all over the somewhat-worse-for-wear-but-undoubtedly-
> insufferably-pleased Sam West.  And anyone who thinks Mr. West is not
> "consumable goods" has NOT been paying attention.

The way you'll treat him, he's certainly not durable goods.

> Don't let that stop you.  Many sailors of the period couldn't swim,
> either.
> And I'm sure I'm not the only crewmember with lifeguard training.

Yes.  Besides, training is available.  Over-b*tch, what swimming
uniforms have you selected?  (Not a speedo guy)

> Pirate Padget--who admits that returning the rum might present a bit of
> difficulty

It will probably be contributed back to their territorial waters,
either at anchor (if we drink it quick) or the first blow (if we drink
it slow).

Andrew