[LMB] The Pillsbury Nazgul Cover & Weird Link

Marna Nightingale marna at marna.ca
Tue, 03 Aug 2004 17:23:58 -0400

CatMtn at aol.com wrote:

> Meg writes:
>
> As long  as we have an equal number of Xena-types and nude men covers.
>
> Anything  else *would* be discrimination <g>.
>
> M:
> Hm--I think I'd be a little careful with that idea these days.   Especially
> if Xena was dressed in modern camo.

Can I just pause and worship you a moment here for having demonstrated
and summed up with great elegance all in one non-explicit sentence just
exactly why those covers Never Were Especially Sexy to an awful lot of
people?

Now, if the naked man is the one who is crawling all over the Xena --
THAT would be pretty.  And pleasingly subversive.

Marna.