[LMB] Re: Pillsbury Nazgul cover

Mervi.Hamalainen at uta.fi Mervi.Hamalainen at uta.fi
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 13:34:14 +0300

> From: Andrew Lambdin-Abraham <a.abraham at mail.utexas.edu>
> On 3/08/2004, at 6:42 AM, Mervi.Hamalainen at uta.fi wrote:
>
> > Well, at least it's not a Conan & nude women picture...
>
> That might have been preferable.  Sure it would delude a great many
> people about what's inside, but some might read it and like, and the
> rest probably won't return it.

I don't know. Expectations affect my reading. I've been known to ridicule and
shun books which just didn't match up with my expectations of them. On
retrospect that was their only failing. I'd hate for something like that to
happen to a possible Bujold reader.

Besides, now I can read it in public. Fantasy books give me enough weird
looks. I really don't want to find out what kinds of looks I would get with
that kind of cover.

> Besides.  Foix & Liss...

> From: "Paula Lieberman" <paal at gis.net>
> EQUALLY clothed or unclothed, PLEASE!!