[LMB] OT: New book from SM Stirling

Tracy MacShane Tracy.MacShane at vuw.ac.nz
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:18:48 +1200

Wot she said. I really like Octavia Butler's writing, but, man, I wish
those endings weren't so negative. I think there's enough real crap in
the world not to have to deal with it too much in fiction (the ending at
least, a bit of crap to be overcome at least gives the plot something to
do). If I want to be depressed, I can just read the news or look at the
Amnesty website...