[LMB] "Nifty Industrial Fires of Washington,Pennsylvania" OT:

Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:23:32 -0500

Susan Priest priest at citlib.org
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 13:41:50 -0400

Catching up on digests I see that LMB wrote:

"I have a half-hour audio interview that my father
made of my grandfather in 1959, reminiscing about
his youth in the late 1880's - 1900 period. (Which
almost ought to be subtitled, "Nifty Industrial
Fires of Washington, Pennsylvania"

Ooh! Ooh!  Is there any chance a copy could be made available?
I am the librarian here in Washington Pennsylvania,
and this sounds like it would be a wonderful addition for our local
history section. I am sure that the historical society
would also love to have it.

Returning to lurker mode

Susan Priest
Citizens Library
Washington PA

LMB:  I'll see what I can do when my new computer that I just ordered gets
here.  It may have file conversion abilities I wot not of, through which my
son might be persuaded to guide me.  I have the interview on cassette tape
and CD, converted from the original 7" reel-to-reel a few years back for me
by the kind folks at Reader's Chair.  If I can turn it into MP3 or whatever,
I could send it to folks over the 'net.

    Yesterday was expensive.  Ordered the system, also replaced my son's
eyeglasses which he'd managed to drop into millefoil-choked Lake Minnetonka
while horsing around with friends Saturday.  Happily, they were an aging
pair and he was due for a new exam/prescription anyway.

    Definitely time for a new system, this one's crashing twice a day now,
and if it gets much older, getting the old data shifted off it is going to
get even more problematical.  I'm intensely relieved I got _The Hallowed
Hunt_ out before it died the grim death for real.

Ta, L.