[LMB] Re: Quadies in DI -> Freedom Ship -- now OT:

Marna Nightingale marna at marna.ca
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:40:59 -0400

Ray wrote:

>> : 2. Misperception: The project is an attempt to create a new country.
>> : : Facts: As is the case for every sea vessel, Freedom Ship will be
>> : subject to international maritime law and the laws of the country
>> : whose flag it flies. It will operate under the same rules and
>> : regulations as a cruise ship. The Freedom Ship community will adhere
>> : strictly to established international legal principles. There is no
>> : intent to establish a new world-view or legal system in any manner or
>> : degree.

Darn. And here I was thinking my Merry Band of Privateers had a project.

Or am I the only person whose immediate thought about a vessel that 1)
had deliberately excluded itself from International Law and 2) was
soliciting relatively wealthy inhabitants was -- wonder how long it'll
take before someone realizes it's the equivalent of a floating snack bar
with nobody to complain to?

International Law: your warm and cuddly friend on the high seas.

Marna.