[LMB] ot: dinner challenge

Debbie lioness at bellsouth.net
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:32:23 -0500

> > Alex H. is
> > "Planning to make chicken-fried pork chops aka pork katsu for dinner."
>
>Jerrie
> > first read that as "pork kudzu", which definitely called for a
> double-take.  It does sound a bit odd, but still like something that
> Azalais or one of the other listie cooks would have a recipe for.
>
>Now THAT is a dinner challenge.  I'm sure one of our listie cooks will
>step up to the plate, as it were, and come up with something.

Kudzu is highly edible.  You can find "arrowroot" in your better ethnic and
health food stores.

http://home.att.net/~ejlinton/jelly.html

>Thinking of noxious plants makes me wonder if any of the early Barrayaran
>cooks would have been trying to come up with anything edible from the
>native plants.  I presume this would have been impossible.
>
>Laura

Mm, it might not have been any more inedible than poke salad or Nutrasweet.

Debbie
http://www.brigidsforge.com
Original sterling Gothic and Pagan jewelry

"He hasn't been the same since his spirit guide discovered object-oriented
programming."