[LMB] OT: Malfoy on Pratchett, rated G I swear.

Louann Miller lqmiller at ev1.net
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:02:32 -0500

At 10:58 AM 8/12/2004 -0700, Azalais Malfoy wrote:
> > For my part, I already accepted that Discworld wasn't bound to a tight
> > continuity, and was subject to many Better Ideas.  Like Darkover, but
> easier
> > to take.  The current Patrician is a lot more interesting than the one in
> > TCoM.  Having an "explanation" of the fractured continuity is cute, but not
> > really needed for me.
>
>*boggles*
>
>I can't even understand this type of thinking--it's the desire to
>'fix' continuity that drives me to write fanfic.  It's worth
>noting that the only sizable amounts of fic I've ever written
>have been for the original Star Trek series, Darkover, and the
>Potterverse.

It's overwhelmingly probable then that you would dislike Mystery Science
Theater 3000. "If you're wondering how he eats and breathes and other
science facts/ then repeat to yourself 'it's just a show, I should really
just relax.'" Although ironically they were pretty tight with internal
continuity in accounting for cast changes and so forth.