[LMB] Not OT: Early Science Fiction was: Malfoy on Pratchett

Debbie lioness at bellsouth.net
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:36:04 -0500

>>Debbie said:
>
>>And we cut them a *lot* of slack because they were The Only Game In
>>Town.  But that was the Bad Old Days.
>
>I didn't like - or read - science fiction  until those Bad Old Days were
>over.  I still can't bring myself to read early Heinlein - I started with
>"Stranger in a Strange Land".
>
>namaste,
>Elizabeth

Dh says that early Asimov and Heinlein wasn't *his* idea of Little Boy
Fantasy.  When he was a little boy, he had found their Good Bits strung so
far apart it wasn't worth slogging through the story for them.  Early Space
Opera wasn't even worth looking at.

Debbie
http://www.brigidsforge.com
Original sterling Gothic and Pagan jewelry

"He hasn't been the same since his spirit guide discovered object-oriented
programming."