[LMB] OT: Malfoy on Pratchett, rated G I swear

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:54:26 EDT

Damien writes about Pratchett writing MoM:

Clever  headology to find the culprit
and clever belief-exploitation to punish her,  but no great miracles.

M:

You don't consider it at least somewhat miraculous that a twenty-one  year
old would give up a sporty new red lightflyer, which was a  graduation present
(reward for hard work) at that, to start a school in a  poor mountain district?
 And learn in his very bones that he is  responsible for those people in a
way he has never felt before?  Over a  period of less than a week, too.  I think
it is a miracle, and doubt that  Pratchett (or very many other authors I have
read) could tell it half  as sensitively.

Mary