[LMB] OT: Arthur Weasley is a corrupt official :)

Azalais Malfoy tiamat at tsoft.com
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:46:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Elizabeth Holden wrote:

> > >  --- Azalais Malfoy <tiamat at tsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >I'd better stop before I start ranting on forbidden topics
> >like US politics.
>
> I don't see the factual/fictional connection but I know better than to ask.
> (Though it makes me wonder whether you are American or otherwise.  Can't
> tell from e-mail addresses.)

Amurrican.  I just don't spell like it.  My spellchecker is set
to British.

> >I don't know.  I personally would feel very shortchanged if all
> >the characters we are Supposed To like suddenly turned heroic
> >without any, you know, changes to explain why they suddenly
> >became actually good
>
> You have higher expectations than I do.

Wishes.  Not expectations.  ;-)

> I like a tough, smart Draco, not a wimpy, victimized one.

I like a Draco who stays Draco.  My problem with most Harry/Draco
slash is that Draco inevitably turns out to have been just faking
all along and is eager for redemption.  Sure.  Right.

I can easily see Draco deciding NOT to become a Death Eater,
because it's really not in his best interest.

I can't see him ever kissing up to Dumbledore after the way he's
been treated--he has pride.

And I can't see him deciding he was Evil and he needs to become
Good.

> I think it must be frustrating for her.  She *tells* us they are bad and
> then we seem to just not get it.

Bingo.

> >Basically, she thinks the only reason people disagree with her
> >about Slytherin is hormonally-related and that if Felton,
> >Rickman, Isaacs and Coulson (and now Fiennes)
>
> My ears prick up.  Am I forgetting something, besides who Coulton
> is?  Which Fiennes?  (I'm a big fan of Ralph, don't like Joseph.)

You're going to be happy then.

Ralph Fiennes has been signed to play Voldemort in Goblet of
Fire.

~malfoy :)