[LMB] OT: Arthur Weasley is a corrupt official :)

Azalais Malfoy tiamat at tsoft.com
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:59:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Patrick McKinnion wrote:

> On Aug 17, 2004, at 5:12 PM, Elizabeth Holden wrote:
>
> > What was threatening their survival so badly they had
> > to accept total control by a bureaucracy that doesn't
> > look very benevolent?
>
> 	The *only* reason I can see is that the alternative was
> complete and total extermination.  And that, somewhere down the
> line, the wizardlings struck a deal with the muggles that
> allowed them to exist as a culture-within-a-culture, under very
> tight control and supervision.

You know, that makes sense for the modern day era...but not so
much so for the 17th-18th century when the separation occurred.
Avada Kedavra beats a flintlock all to hell.

It doesn't beat the weaponry and tactics we have today.

I don't actually think this is how it happened...but I wouldn't
put certain elements past saying that it did.

~malfoy :)