[LMB] OT: cardboard characters

Debbie lioness at bellsouth.net
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:16:14 -0500

> > Example of what I dislike: the long CGI 'car chase' sequence in the
> middle  of the second Matrix movie. If they'd been using practical
> effects I could have at least been impressed by the stuntmen's
> craftsmanship, but since it was visibly all in a computer (and not in a
> good way) I just couldn't be bothered to care.

I stopped watching STTNG and basically all American SF film and television
when it became, "Ho hum, lets stop the plot, sit back and watch another
bloody special effect."  It made me appreciate British SF television all
the more.  "We know the FX suck, but so what?  We're not going to stop the
plot long enough to dwell on it."

Debbie