[LMB] The Fall of Jackson's Whole?

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:40:20 EDT

Malfoy writes:

But  saying that JW is automatically a hellhole because it has
people who are  chattel, as opposed to a flawed society because
it has people who are  chattel, is kind of like saying that
Imperial Rome was a hellhole, because  it had the same problem.
I'm not arguing that JW has a great government or  a wonderful
setup.  I'm saying it's not necessarily a horrid place to  be, and
that there probably are a lot of people there who are  perfectly
satisfied with their lives.  Just as there are in almost  every
society.  Especially since people can't really miss what  they
don't know exists.  And the idea of the Deal has a  certain
appeal.

M:

Apparently the Durona group was happy enough there until they started
worrying about Baron Fell's health.

Not all of Las Vegas is made up of the Strip, either.  There are  families
who live there, and I suppose the same would be true of JW.

Mary