[LMB] OT: reading and watching recommendations

Laura Gallagher kelts at charter.net
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:35:34 -0500

Okay, that's it, after reading all this, SOMEHOW I gotta see Firefly.

Some local filkers were offering to show it to us, but... they agreed it
would not be safe or appropriate to show in front of a 2 year old, so I
don't know HOW I'm going to see it, but I want to.

Also, this Sharpe series?  I keep hearing it mentioned, and am beginning
to want to read it just so I'll know what y'all are talking about.  Is
there a recommended order to read them in?  The local library has four
of them - I don't know how many there are, but I'm sure there are more
than that.  Battles, Prey, Tiger, and Trafalgar. [1]

Laura Gallagher

[1] I expect those are from the middle somewhere - flipping useless
local library, and they refuse to amalgamate with Fort Worth like all
the OTHER small town libraries around, rant grumble curse mumble, and FW
would make me PAY per book, and Saginaw makes you pay too much for ILL,
grrrr.