[LMB] Cliches, and their antitheses, was TV SF OT:

Marna Nightingale marna at marna.ca
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:32:08 -0400

CatMtn at aol.com wrote:

> Marna, I looked at your pictures.  Not a snowball in h*ll's chance  that you
> could "pass" for a man.

Well, I can ... but it takes about 5 hours work. And I look disturbingly
like Cary Ewles. :-)

> Acting like a man _when you don't want to_ always seemed to me that
 >it's showing lack of respect for women as much as anything else ever
 > has.

Yes. And while I do in fact see that for the women of your generation it
may at times have been a survival skill, if someone was foolish enough
to try underestimating the Firefly women for that or any other reason...

Yeah.

Marna.