[LMB] OT: Bound for North Australia

Tom Vinson t.vinson at sbcglobal.net
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:18:02 -0500

This is a request for recommendations of what to see (and
perhaps what to avoid) in Australia and New Zealand.

My daughter Maggie is headed off next month for a semester
studying rain forest management near Cairns, Queensland.
I think the listies I know about are all further south, but
if anyone happens to be up that way, or if you have suggest-
ions about what to see while there (she'll have a one week
break), let me know and I'll put you in touch with her.

Also, general touristy suggestions (bookstores, breweries,
wineries) in or near Sydney, Melbourne or Cairns would be
most welcome.  There is a chance  we'll be spending two
weeks on a semi-package (lodging and air transportaion)
tour in October or early November.

On her return flight in mid-December Maggie will have a
stopover in Auckland for a few days.  She'll be completely
on her own, so any pointers, suggestions or hints would
again be very welcome.

Thanks,
Tom