[LMB] OT: Malfoy on Pratchett, rated G I swear.

Cynthia Gonsalves cgonsalves at gmail.com
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:04:48 -0700

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:29:50 -0400, B. Ross Ashley
<brashley46 at rogers.com> wrote:
> Yeah, that was Marshall Bernadotte. If you remember that lovely movie, "Desiree"? All about him. And while he was Prince Regent of Sweden he did join the final Coalition against his former friend and Emperor.

The movie was fun, the book was better ;).  When I read the book in
high school (snagged it from my mother), it was a fun historical
thrill to find out that the characters really existed, and I was such
a fangrrl that I wrote the Swedish Consulate for more info on the
Bernadottes.  I think that was the book that got me hooked on
historical fiction.

Cynthia