[LMB] Gender imbalance means no unrest

Debbie lioness at bellsouth.net
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:20:19 -0500

>The girl dearth among the uppoer classes will actually turn out to be a
>marvelous instrument of social stability IMO. Every family who could not
>afford gender selection now has a chance for their daughters to marry upwards.
>
>Just my $0.02,
>
>Pat

I agree this is a wonderful opportunity for New Blood to infuse the Vor,
but historically I can't think of a single instance where an excess of
males didn't turn out to be a Bad Thing.  I've wondered if keeping the
excess males from accumulating in one spot and causing unrest didn't factor
into Gregor's decision to have the Fleet escort the trade caravans.  If
they bring home foreign wives, so much the better.  A few Barrayan grooms
lost to foreign ports is a small price to pay.

Debbie
http://www.brigidsforge.com
Original sterling Gothic and Pagan jewelry

"He hasn't been the same since his spirit guide discovered object-oriented
programming."