[LMB] automotive peeves [OT:]

MegJ megj at nwlink.com
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:15:16 -0800

Pilot:
> Nobody has *ever* gotten ticketed for failure to take the right of
> way.  Really.  And I seriously doubt there have been many fatal
> collisions as a result of somebody failing to take the right of way.
> Can't say the same about failing to *yield*.

Just don't do what my mother calls directing traffic (esp. at four-way
stops) and wave the other person on.  Either go or don't go, but *please*
don't try to get the other guy to go before you.  Especially if you got
there first.  The other person may have a very good reason for not going
first, and you make yourself look like an idiot.

Megaera
who used to live near a four-way stop and a fellow in a little truck who
might as well have been standing in the middle of the intersection with a
whistle