[LMB] Re: OT: 'Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera'

Patrick McKinnion patgund at earthlink.net
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:48:55 -0800

On Dec 23, 2004, at 11:59 AM, StGgal at aol.com wrote:

> As far as individual voices go, Gerard Butler is no Michael Crawford,
> but he
> does dark, seductive and melancholy VERY well. Emmy Rossum sounded
> lovely and
> Patrick Wilson was admirable.  Minnie Driver's singing voice was the
> only one
> dubbed, but her 'Carlotta' provided plenty of comic relief.

	I realize that this may be heresy to many "Phantom" fans, but I saw
Michael Crawford do "Phantom" in Los Angeles,  and I also saw Robert
Guillaume perform the role as well, and I think that Robert Guillaume
actually did a better job.

	Hmmm....Wonder if they ever did a cast recording with Guillaume in
it.....

	- Patrick McKinnion

"Behold, the keyboard of Kalis! The greatest Klingon code warrior that
ever lived!"
(http://home.earthlink.net/~patgund)  LJ -
http://patgund.livejournal.com/
Patrick's Ever-Growing Tagline Collection:
(http://home.earthlink.net/~patgund/tagline/)