[LMB] Sorcery & Cecelia

Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:57:29 -0500

>From the Horse's Mouth,

    The two Mairelon books, _Sorcery and Cecelia_ (and its upcoming sequel
_The Grand Tour_), and Stevermer's _College_ books are all set in three
separate and unique universes.  The Writers Say So.

    The sense of unity comes, I suppose, from a similarity of style and, of
course, that all three (well, two out of three) are using the same
underlying periods of history and locale to wring changes upon.

    Ta, L.

Marty L. Adkins adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:08:03 -0400

Raye Johnsen sayeth:

>I'll admit I've been quietly thinking that Mairelon might be a grandson or
>great-grandson of Thomas and Kate; his mother certainly has more than a
>touch of
>similarity to Sylvia.

Raye, afair, Thomas' mother's name *is* Sylvia.  I know the books are in
the same universe, but haven't really thought about a timeline yet.  Hey,
an excuse to reread them together [which will have to wait until _The Grand
Tour_ comes out; I've had _Sorcery & Cecilia_ the coffee table for 8 months
for that very reason, so I could read them together].

Jerrie