[LMB] Japanese decisionmaking re pregnancy OT:

M. Traber mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:38:25 -0400

Azalais Malfoy wrote:

>(NB: The instant someone jumps in with how AWFUL Japanese
>men/culture/whatever are/is, I'm OUT of this discussion, because
>then I shall be forced to give an opinion of my own that no-one
>on any side of the issues involved, which are several, will be
>even remotely close to agreeing with completely, let alone
>liking.)

Not awful, simply non-western, and as a response to the social and
economic history of the island pretty sensible.

So there is no pressure for women to forgo c*ndoms like there is in the
US? Back when I was single and dating I had guys refuse to use them, and
cuss me out when I refused to continue, one of the main reasons I
*never* rode with the date in his car, and *always* paid half the bill.
One *put out or get out / I paid $XXX for dinner, you better put out*
type dates too many. Young american men can be serious scum sometimes.