[LMB] AKICIF: Dog Control

M. Traber mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:16:00 -0400

Louann Miller wrote:
> But because nothing in life is 100%, I want that dog _firmly
> convinced_ that he's omega in the pack with no right to bite
> _anyone_. Just in case of further opportunities for accidents
> to happen.

LOL she really wouldn't like my wolf domination...

I hand fed him raw meat taken out of my mouth after I finished
eating, we always fed him after we were finished, and the first
thing I did after we brought him home was grab him by the collar,
twist it to get a decent grip and put him to the floor on his
back, bare my teeth and do that funky open throat
grunt-almost-a-growl-that-is-almost-silent sound that you get
from dog dominance-fu. Then I enjoyed a nice few chunks of meat
cut into nice cubes, and took the last one , put it into my
mouth, bit into it and took it out and hand fed it to Lugh.

The first time I had my goddaughters over, when he came over to
shark a sandwich from the 3 year old, I took him down again for
portuning food.  He stopped that behavior.

Cruel? Compared to having to put him down for misbehaving, not
hardly. Using natural instincts? Yuppers=)
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of 'is country," when the guns begin to shoot;
An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
But Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool - you bet that Tommy sees!
Rudyard Kipling