[LMB] Not So Weird Link Of The day or Why Didn't i Think Of That? OT:

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:44:25 EDT

Ray writes:

The  solution is simple.  Just get about two dozen identical socks.
Then, you can mix and match.  I just try to match them up so I'm  putting
on two that have a similar amount of wear.   ;-)

That worked for my husband.  Men's dress socks are nicely  uniform.  I tried
it for myself, and discovered that not only were the  supposedly identical
socks not quite identical, the things weren't from the same  dye lot and faded
differently.  It's more trouble to get the navy socks  that have faded lighter
than the rest of them sorted out than it would be  to match up socks that
weren't made to the same pattern.  I have  six pairs of very similar navy socks
that are at least four different  shades of navy.  Dratsab!

Mary