[LMB] Re: Hallowed Hunt Comments

Beth Mitcham mitcham.beth at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 07:34:22 GMT 2005

On 11/30/05, Andrew <andrewr at oneimage.com> wrote:

> Except that we have textev that the funery miracle is falsifiable only for
> as long as the gods allow it to be faked. And at that the faker should be
> glad he was corrected by a god with a sense of humor.

Except that the texted is that the priests expected they would be able
to force a choice, which indicates that the gods frequently don't pay
as close attention.  The archdivine really pushes to get Dondo
accepted by the daughter, which indicates he doesn't assume he'll
fail.  We know the gods are real, so we know that no god accepts his
soul because it is stuck in Caz's gut, but if I were a skeptic, I'd
probably think Dondo's body really stunk, maybe somebody who disliked
him had laced it with something nasty to wreck his funeral and make
animals shy away from the body.

The belief that the characters have in the Five Gods does (to me) read
very similarly to the belief in Christianity you read in old texts.

Beth Mitcham, finally on topic again